Skip to main content

tv   The O Reilly Factor  FOX News  January 11, 2016 8:00pm-9:01pm PST

8:00 pm
left this evening. thank you for being with us. an. good night from washington. >>vg @&c @&c@ the o'reilly factor is on. tonight: >> sean penn is not someone i spent a lot of time thinking about. i find it go text. >> sean penn and rolling stone magazine under heavy pressure for glorifying one of the most evil men on the planet. joaquin el chapo guzman. we have a special report. >> the hijackers who flew those planes into the twin towers were in america on visas. they were not refugees. they were not undocumented immigrants. >> the left taking a big hit because of the refugee assaults in germany. but wait until you hear the new democratic strategy on illegal immigration. we'll have a factor investigation. >> how much does a cigarette boat run you?
8:01 pm
>> the one i'm looking for is about 400 grand. >> 400 grand? >> also ahead, jesse watters in troubled waters. the new york boat show where costs is apparently no object. >> do you think bill can afford a boat like. this absolutely, another book, o'bama. -- boom. >> the factor begins right now. ♪ ♪ >> hi, i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. here come the refugees. that is the subject of this evening's talking points memo. the worst thing that could happen to the left has happened in germany. hundreds of young male refugees from the middle east and north africa, under suspicion for 'nlesting hundreds of women. the chancellor of germany, angela merkel under enormous pressure as well. you'll remember miss merkel was the force behind germany accepting more than
8:02 pm
1 million refugees. and many on the american left would like to do the same thing here. in fact, there is a new campaign underway right now to rebrand illegal immigrants as economic refugees. according to the polls, most americans don't want amnesty for illegal aliens but accepting refugees sounds a lot better, doesn't it? tomorrow in his state of the union address, the president will have a syrian refugee sitting with mrs. obama. a message to be sure. now, the sad truth is, oppression is rampant throughout the world. in the face of that the democratic party is basically become an open border organization. they oppose a border fence. they support amnesty forqá"t)áás already here. oppose kate's law punish i illegal felons who defy deportation. in the past three years, women trying to illegally
8:03 pm
enter america through the southern border more than doubled is it to about 120 apprehensions in 2014. unaccompanied children appear bree had ended. also doubled to almost 40,000 in 2015. and the left is labeling all of these poor people refugees. now, if you live in central america, chances are you are economically deprived. according to a survey by gallup median income in america is $44,000 a year. in guatemala $4,500. el salvador 4800. nicaragua 6500. that's the median income. half of the people down there taking less. so you can see potential economic refugees are legion. and then there is the violence. in the u.s.a. the homicide rate is 4.5 people for every 100,000 citizens. in el salvador it's 69 people for every 100,000. hundred honduras 65 people.
8:04 pm
people kill at will. by the way sean penn not real upset about drug gangs and we'll get to that in next segment. summing up, here comes the refugees, plenty of them. there are 16 million people in guatemala alone. 8 million in honduras. so you can see where this is going. finally, if you believe in judeo-christian philosophy, you must, you must feel sorry for the common person in central america. having spent some time down there, can i tell you the poverty is horrific. but i can also tell you that america cannot accept millions of refugees from all over the world. we're just about tapped out here now with the debt approaching $20 trillion. we should do what we can but we must protect our country in the process. and that's the memo. now for the top story tonight. reaction. joining us from washington charles krauthammer. so do you see the rebranding going on here? i think i'm ahead
8:05 pm
story. >> the left has a genius for rebranding. i mean, we never have any more government spending. it's all investment. we don't have any taxation, it's all revenues. their biggest obsess was being on the proabortion side. it's not about abortion. it's about choice. and the most recent success, i don't know if it's success, but at least it's an attempt if you watched obama on gun control, they never called gun control anymore. it's common sense gun safety. as if what the issue is malfunctioning trigger locks. rather than confiscating weapons or taking them away from ordinary americans. so, they have had -- but they are not going to have any success with this. americans have a very common sense understanding of what a refugee is. and our legal definition is a good one. if you have a reasonable expectation of political persecution abroad, we will consider you for asylum, which i think is the the right criteria. >> it has to be political.
8:06 pm
the key word there is political oppression. not being threatened by drug gangs. not unable to make a living because you your economy is devastated. it has to be a political oppression. >> and, you know, it's true to our values because what is unique about america is that we are the only country founded not on blood, not on tribalism, not on history but on an idea and the single idea in the declaration is liberty. it's we believe that if your liberty is being taken away and threatened, by an oppressive regime, and you have a reasonable expectation of persecution as a result, we will take you because we are unique it also is a reasonable criterion because it is narrow one. it's not anybody who has had any problems. as you say, it's not anybody who has got poverty or local crime or anything like that. >> right, right. >> >> because that is
8:07 pm
universal, we would not be a country otherwise. >> this open border philosophy because that's what it is, you strip it away, and that's at the core and the heart of the democratic party. let them in. is very advantageous to that party politically. all right? because my people came from ireland, and they immediately were enrolled in brooklyn in the democratic side. okay? people. the same thing is in play now. and the power base is in states like colorado, changed, new mexico, other states like that. the democratic party amasses power by the open border philosophy. that's what's really going on here. >> you know, i think it's very important to also emphasize you're the son of immigrants, i am as well. the fact is that he would have the first million draft picks around the world. this is the country everybody wants to come to. when you find somebody on the raft, in the south china sea and they ask where do you want to go? somebody who is escaping
8:08 pm
it's it always america. we have the choices. and it is utterly irrational to open the border and to not make the choices that we can. because ev come here. >> okay. but it's politically expedient for one party to do so. >> i am very supportive of a generous, legal immigration system. and i would use it the way canada does, australia does. to select the best, the brightest, the most energetic law abiding, et cetera. >> all right. we have that power, why are we throwing it away? >> because of politics. now, i have got to get to the debate on thursday night on the fox business channel. it's just been anowfnsed that the following candidates will not be in the main debate, rand paul, carlyf) fiorina, mike huckabee and rick santorum. it's a death nell to all of them. >> it's a death nell only weeks what would have been the death nell the iowa and
8:09 pm
new hampshire. the winnowing would have been absolutely inevitable within three weeks. it's a little bit earlier. i wish it had been done at the ballot box and not arby trawrly by numbers. you have to winnow the field either by doing it debates or looking at election results. one way or the other, there are six or seven in the race. >> seven. >> really probably three right now. >> right. >> it will be win knowed by mid february. >> by mid february i think you are down to five. that's what i think you are down to. >> right, with the top three, which is trump, rubio, and cruz. >> and then probably bush and christie hanging on who could get a break through. but unlikely. >> all right, charles krauthammer, everybody. thank you as always, we appreciate it next on the rundown, sean penn trying to justify evil. his last interview with the drug king pin absolutely appalling. why does juan williams
tv-commercial
8:10 pm
continue to defend hillary clinton? why? why is juan doing that? he is going to be here. i'm going to ask him to his face why? and mary katharine ham will weigh in as well. the factor is coming right back. marco rubio. he ran for senate saying he opposed amnesty... then he flipped, and worked with liberal chuck schumer to co-author the path to citizenship bill. he threatened to vote against it. and then voted for it. he supported his own dream act and then he abandoned it. marco rubio. just another washington politician you can't trust. jeb bush. he's a leader, so you always know where he stands. right to rise usa is responsible for the content of this message.
8:11 pm
8:12 pm
8:13 pm
impact segment tonight. sympathy for the devil. rolling stone magazine has published an interview with joaquin el chapo guzman, the escaped and now recaptured drug trafficker. sean penn far left guy as you know. the piece appears to sympathize with the mexican drug lord saying quote el chapo is a businessman first and only resorts to violence when he deems it advantageous to himself or his business interests. only? i don't murder people when they are contrary to my business interests, do you?
8:14 pm
apparently according to penn el chapo is justified. penn then demonizes america as he wants to do quote we are the consumers and as such we are complicit in every murder and in every corruption of an institution's ability to protect the quality of life for citizens of mexico and the united states. that comes as a result of our insatiable appearhé for illicit narcotics. as much as anything, it is a question of relative morality. sure it is, sean. americans are the problem. not el chapo and his murderous henchmen and what's this we business? i don't buy or use drugs and most americans don't either. however you are correct in saying that people who do purchase illegal narcotics are helping vicious criminals but that's not most of us. here is the incredible kicker to the story. rolling stone magazine gave el chapo final editing as to what went into the article. a proud moment for that
8:15 pm
enterprise. i remember "rolling stone" being printed in west virginia for printing false allegations of rape at the university of virginia. with us now the yale journal initiative. giving a gangster final can you tell on the story? i have never heard anything like that. >> it's plain stupid. but, you know, he shouldn't take the credit for the final can you tell on this because the other really interesting thing in this article is so badly written. >> yeah. but penn -- you don't expect any less. >> the whole thing is just complete -- >> maybe it happened in chicago in prohibition and al capone might have written a couple interviews but i have never heard in america of a gangster being allowed final editing of an article featuring is said gangster. >> it's not even an article. it's sort of builds up to what turns out to be he sends penn away and says why don't you send me some questions and then he sends back the answers.
8:16 pm
>> it's not even -- he wrote the article. >> right, but he was there with el chapo, igt believe, and i have no evidence to base this on, none. i believe someone tipped the mexican authorities because everybody knew penn was there and they saw him. that's how they got el chapo. >> what difference is that? the whole point is here is a guy who asked this drug dealer, you know, what's your relationship with your mother? >> penn wanted to humanize him. >> do you think that you are actually a good person? do you think that. >> i would have asked that. >> the whole thing is beyond belief. >> it is beyond belief. it's even worse than that because there is death involved. here's a bit of what happened when el chapo was taken into custody a couple days ago. roll the tape. [gunfire]
8:17 pm
[shouting] [gunfire] >> now reports are six people died. see, this is what i mean. when you read something like that in rolling stone, it's like a movie. it's not real life. >> people only die in interview when they bother him or cause him trouble. he doesn't seek out this stuff. he is a good guy. >> no. mr. hitler, how do you feel about your mother? th all the qualities of that. >> you always get in trouble when you connote hitler or compare him to anybody. look, sean penn, you have to understand, father, leo penn, hollywood script writer was blacklisted in blackn the 50's as being a communist.
8:18 pm
sean penn has never gotten over that doesn't like his country. he was hugo chavez big friend, sean penn. how many people did hugo chavez brutalize before he died: now he is trying to make this guy -- the vehicle, rolling stone, this has got to be it for them. i think it's the end for them. >> i don't agree with anything you just said about sean penn and the left. this has nothing to do with this. >> you don't agree with that? >> this is just plain lousy journalism. >> okay. but that aside. >> fidel castro could have written it and it would be lousy journalism. >> there is always a motivation when lousy journalism comes to play. and i think the motivation is for sean penn to attack his country. he keeps coming back from that. >> what could the motivation for rolling stone other than being stupid? >> money. all of these publications are in dire, dire trouble. money. >> sure. i don't know where the money stems from this. i think this just causes more trouble. >> sales, attention. editorially it does but i think they have given it up. >> i'm not sure what advertisers want to be in a magazine that is celebrating
8:19 pm
this guy. >> that's a good point. selling el chapo, maybe the legalize marijuana places would want to do it? >> this would put them out of business. >> that's exactly true. but el chapo, of course, is proud of selling heroin and methamphetamine. he is proud of that. all right, mr. brill, thanks very much we appreciate it? >> see you. >> by the way we have invited mr. penn on the program and of course, declined, he has never appeared on the factor. why does juan williams continue to defend hillary clinton andu the email fracas. why? pbs explores the ancestors of your humble corres
8:20 pm
7 days ago, karen wasn't thinking about joining her daughter's yoga class. she was thinking about her joints. but now that she's taking osteo bi-flex, she's noticing a real difference in her joint comfort. with continued use, it supports increased flexibility over time. karen: "she's single." it also supports wonderfully high levels of humiliation in her daughter. karen: "she's a little bit shy." in just 7 days, your joint comfort can be your kid's discomfort. osteo bi-flex. you were made to move. so move.
8:21 pm
it's gotten squarer. over the years. brighter. bigger. it's gotten thinner.
8:22 pm
even curvier. but what's next? for all binge watchers. movie geeks. sports freaks. x1 from xfinity will change the way you experience tv. >> factor follow-up segment tonight, juan williams has been on the factor for 10
8:23 pm
years. we value him as a guest, even though we often disagree. but sometimes what juan says is hard to defend. here he is on hillary clinton's email. >> i think the voters really0w don't care and i think that jim comey, the fbi director is beyond reproach with regard to this matter. >> you think there would be a legality issue. >> the person that decides if it's classified or not. >> here now is juan williams from washington, mary katharine ham joins in all the fun. there she is. first of all the secretary of state doesn't get to decide what's classified particularly when a lot of emails that come in were private machine were from other agencies. pentagon, things like that. she doesn't get to decide what's classified. >> she does. >> only in the state department. >> that's the point. so she -- if it's from another agency, you are right. but all the emails that she is handling, inside the state department, there are other people who may have something to say down low, but she is the ultimate decider. >> she is dealing with the military, she is dealing with other agencies, and she doesn't decide what's classified. but here's the deal. it's very simple.
8:24 pm
why are you sticking up for her when this is obviously wrong. obviously a foolish mistake. she is seeking the highest office of the land. 59% of americans don't trust her. why on earth are you sticking up for her? >> let's be clear. i'm critical of her over the private server. i'm critical of her over the mixing of business and foundation. >> why are you sticking up for her? >> let me just say very clearly, what's important here to to understand? she has already apologized for the server. and from my perspective, i think a lot of people who really justky don't want hillary clinton as the behemoth in this election are looking for any reason to go after her. >> that's -- that opinion is separate from trying to stick up for her. >> i'm not sticking up -- >> -- yeah, you are. >> i'm telling you my opinion. we disagree. >> no, no, no. >> okay. >> here it is. mary katharine, you can answer this question. >> all right. >> juan williams goes out of his way to stick up for hillary clinton in a situation that is undeniably, undeniably
8:25 pm
wrong. she shouldn't have done it juan just pointed out. that she apologized for it okay. juan admits this is wrong to do. yet, he still stucks up for her. can you explain it? you know the man. can you explain it? >> i think it is a fool's errand for me toe÷csi try to explain juan. >> wow. >> look, here's the thick. apologies aren't enough. and here's the other thing. is that this isn't just about people who don't like hillary clinton trying to look for something, it's about the fbi looking for something. that's what we have learned this week. >> don't you guys understand it's more than this. it's about who is going to be the next president. now, look, i don't mind you covering hillary clinton's campaign in a fair manner. i don't. i am going to cover the woman in a fair manner. >> that's what you want. >> on a day-to-day basis. on a day-to-day basis. i'm going to cover what she says in a fair and balanced way, okay? i'm not going to make excuses for her bad behavior as do you. >> that's not true. that's not fair.
8:26 pm
i don't make excuses because i say to you she is the ultimate decider inside the state department what's classified and what's not. that's the truth, bill. >> you know only a portion of her emails were state department related. most of them were outside. didn't you get the benghazi stuff? didn't you get -- >> -- oh, i got. >> didn't you get all that. >> didn't you get the 17 congressional hearings and the special independent commission and all they came up with the same answer and you d answer because as you said this is all about who is the next president and you are taking sides. >> you are trying to label me as an idealogue anti-clinton person and i'm not. >> no, you you are ideologically aligned and i'm not. >> you are excuser. go ahead, mary katharine. >> these are just facts. many of the emails among these have been shown to be+rúq classified. there was this email released that shows that she asked somebody to strip the classified designation from it and now it's expand to do determine whether the clinton foundation money come combined with her power
8:27 pm
at state might get into some public corruption issues. these are just facts that the yib is looking into. these are problems for her. and it's not just about disliking her although the american people continue to dislike her more as they find out more about these possible allegations. >> this is like dragging, looking for something. this business that you just cited, mary katharine, the state department has said nothing classified. >> it= doesn't matter what they say. the fbi will have the final wordg it because ir would settle this argument and be clear to you, bill o'reilly, i'm not takingy3ñ sides, i'm just telling you so far there is no evidence of wrongdoing. >> for everyone who would vote for hillary clinton, that includes me, all right, if i'm considering who to vote for. this is the key question. why would you vote for a woman, all right, who untrustworthy? why? >> because, and i will say this specifically about democrats for now but it also applies to independence, they contrast her to the republican candidates and say i would rather have her than the republican. >> so you would vote for an
8:28 pm
untrustworthy candidate, and it doesn't matter if it's hillary clinton anyway, if you thought that candidate was better in some way than the opposition? >> yeah. in fact, that's very clear from the polls because most americans at this point have questions about hillary hillary clinton's trustworthiness. >> yes. 60%. >> also the fact most americans would vote for her over any of the republicans. >> well, that's not exactly true. >> that's true. that's true. >> the polls go back and forth on that. >> it's been pretty consistent. >> last word. >> is not a great on the trail. when these things come out and start asking questions and find her more untrustworthy and unsympathy thick unlikely to vote for her and why bernie gets closer to her heads and may end up beating her. if the fbi starts finding stuff real bad for her. >> that will be true. >> obviously it is is everybody, when they vote, all responsible people, have a look at the person's character. all right. and then you match it up
8:29 pm
against policy. but, first, it's the person. and that's what i don't understand. if you want -- if you like hillary clinton and you think she is a good person and her character is enough to put her in the white house. that's fine. you could do that all day long. but don't make excuses for her. don't. >> isn't it a versus b recommendation no. it's a personal vote. that's what we have in america. i'm not rather anybody. i want the president of the united states, all right, to be an honest person. call me crazy. >> no, that's fair. juan williams. >> what did they say about bush? what did the republicans say about o'bama? >> we wandering now. >> plenty more ahead as the factor moves along thispz,eveni. the democratic party is losing members possibly because of juan. watters world the big boat edition. >> can people buy boats with food stamps? >> with food stamps? not with food stamps but they can use their food
8:30 pm
stamps to get some food to bring on the boat with them. >> that's a great point. >> he looks like gilligan, doesn't he a little bit there? we hope you stay tuned to those reports. why do some cash back cards keep throwing obstacles at you? first - they limit where you earn bonus cash back. then - those places change every few months? i think i'll pass... quicksilver from capital one puts nothing in your way. you simply earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, everywhere. you can't dodge the question... what's in your wallet?
8:31 pm
say they'll save youfor every by switching,surance companies you'd have like a ton of dollars. but how are they saving you those dollars? a lot of companies might answer "um..." or "no comment". then there's esurance - born online, raised by technology and majors in efficiency. so whatever they save, you save:
8:32 pm
hassle, time, paper work, hair tearing out and, yes, especially dollars. that's auto and home insurance for the modern world. esurance. backed by allstate. click or call.
8:33 pm
personal story segment tent, on tuesday pbs will broadcast this program finding your roots. one of the subjects is me. >> bill had heard that his great grandfather john had come from county cabin and
8:34 pm
with that clue, we were able to find a document that revealed bill's ancestorial hometown. >> births registered in the county of, name and father john reilly name and mother rose reilly. date and place of april april 1868. >> that's your birth certificate of your great; grandfather john o'reilly. those are his parents. great, great grandparents. >> it's amazing. it really is an amazing piece of detective work to go right back there. >> and on my mother's side, you will not believe how far i went back. they restored the o, obviously. tracing ancestry is a big business in america with new dna stuff they can take a little swab in your mouth and the internet. pbs stunned me with some of the things they found out. i spoke with the executive producer henry lewis gates, a few days ago. >> now, you have been doing
8:35 pm
this a long time and tracing lineages of people well known. when you saw my situation, what stood out? >> well, what surprised me, i knew, of course, your affinity for ireland and fascination but what surprised me was not only your irish roots but your honor english roots. we found your ninth great grandfather whose name was simon ohio state he was born in 1590 in dorchester, england. came to this country on the abigail in 1628. and he was one of theo]cd÷ founders of charlestown. >> charlestown, massachusetts. >> that's my mother's side. >> that's your mother's side. around harvard square, could you possibly have had any idea that one of your ancestors, your blood kin was one of the founders of historic city in massachusetts. >> not only that, when i was a reporter in charleston, did i a number of stories in
8:36 pm
charleston, okay and they are called8w counties, i had no idea that my great grandfather, great, great nine times had, i would have put in a claim to be the mayor of charlestown, massachusetts but i had no idea that's where bunker hill is? >> yeah. >> and all a of that. you are interesting in your genealogy you are 50% white. >> yeah, i am. >> i looked it up before i did the interview with you. i know from you harvard but i also want to do see what your ethnicity was. what did you find out about my ethnicity? >> you are ]laughter in fact, i believe you are the whitest man. >> i am the whitest man. zero black ancestry. >> i'm, what, 90% irish english, yeah? >> yeah. >> the rest is viking. >> the rest is viking. that's pretty white to what's interesting is that you have these -- look at
8:37 pm
how your irish ancestors were exploited by the english. >> absolutely. >> but half of your family tree and the much more detailed way back in the past is english. so you have this wart of ethnicities and war of nationalities in your genenom. >> i don't hold a grudge against the english for what they did in the 17th century and again again in the 19th century. i don't. it's not part of my makeup. i am proud of my irish heritage because on my father's side twin 16-year-old boys came here from ireland to brooklyn. >> in 1884. >> with no adult supervision and they made it. >> with none. and they came from county caven which had been disseminated. >> by the english. >> and which was, you know,md certainly not discouraged by the english. >> the other thing you found out about my ancestors was that one of them was a slave
8:38 pm
holder. >> that's right. that was simon's son moses. and he gave his slave ben in his will to his son in the year 1702. >> we even know the name. he only had one slave. the final thing is you played a dirty trick on me. you put bill maher into my hour and not only does he put mar in my hour. he tells me mar is a distant cousin. very distant. what was that all about? >> i couldn't have planned this better. god played the trick. >> god did. >> if we had your ideal family tree and bill maher's you have an overlapping identical ancestor. sixth chromosome identical d.n.a. you have invited him to the family reunion? >> mar, you bring pot if he came. but we are so opposite, you couldn't get more opposite which shows you how american when you come to america that everything just
8:39 pm
changes. >> everything changes. >> right. >> it's a fascinating show and people care about me at all they might want to watch it on pbs. we appreciate you doing it, professor, it's very nice of you select me. >> thank you, brother. it was a great honor. >> i tweeted about the pbs program again seen tomorrow evening all across the country. you can check that out at o'reilly factor. that's the tweet. when we come right back, brit hume on the democratic party losing members. and then watters finding himself in choppy waters. coming right back. you think you're doing all you can for your heart health, ...but 9 out of 10 americans... ...aren't getting enough important omega-3s. bayer pro ultra omega-3 can help, with two times the concentration of omega-3s than the leading brand. love your heart ... with bayer pro ultra omega-3. there it is... this is where i met your grandpa.
8:40 pm
right under this tree. ♪ (man) some things are worth holding onto. they're hugging the tree. (man) that's why we got a subaru. or was it that tree? (man) the twenty-sixteen subaru outback. love. it's what makes a subaru, a subaru. i accept i'm not the rower i used to be.. i even accept i have a higher risk of stroke due to afib,
8:41 pm
a type of irregular heartbeat not caused by a heart valve problem. but i won't accept is getting out there with less than my best. so if i can go for something better than warfarin, i will. eliquis. eliquis reduced the risk of stroke better than warfarin, plus it had significantly less major bleeding than warfarin. eliquis had both. that really mattered to me. don't stop taking eliquis unless your doctor tells you to, as stopping increases your risk of having a stroke. eliquis can cause serious and in rare cases fatal bleeding. don't take eliquis if you have an artificial heart valve or abnormal bleeding. while taking eliquis, you may bruise more easily and it may take longer than usual for any bleeding to stop. seek immediate medical care for sudden signs of bleeding, like unusual bruising. eliquis may increase your bleeding risk if you take certain medicines. tell your doctor about all planned medical or dental procedures. i accept i don't have to set records. but i'm still going for my personal best. and for eliquis. reduced risk of stroke
8:42 pm
plus less major bleeding. ask your doctor if switching to eliquis is right for you.
8:43 pm
thanks for staying with us i'm bill o'reilly in the hume zone segment tonight the iowa caucus will be held in 21 days,ví three weeks from now. new hampshire primary vote 29 days. ted cruz seems to be running strong in iowa but trump ahead in a new quinnipiac poll just out today. trump way ahead in new hampshire. joining us now from boca rotan, florida, brit hume. trump looks like a lock in new hampshire what do you think about that i hate to say anyone a lock in new hampshire before iowa.
8:44 pm
new hampshire voters seem to act with disrespect to the winner of iowa and if trump does manage to win iowa as the poll you just cited suggest he well could knocking off iowa winners has happened in new hampshire many times. but he certain isly does have a commanding lead in new hampshire. >> okay. so whatever happens in iowa will ripple across east to new hampshire. in iowa, very tough race between cruz and trump right now. poll goes back and forth. one poll says, this one poll says that do you have any feeling for it? >> well, it's hard to have a feel for this bill for this reason. we don't really know how the ac. they don't fit the profile according to the polling of your typical iowa caucus goers. my sense, however, is that trump voters and i'm sure have you felt this as well, are pretty motivated sov4j4(p&c@ whether they they are experienced caucus go he -- goers or organized or not they are going to turn out.
8:45 pm
if they do and wins and that will be a very big deal and major blow to ted cruz who has invested so much there and seemed for so long to have such a good chance. >> marco rubio running third in new hampshire and iowa and other polls. is the moderate choice i believe right now. and of course the debate combings -- comes thursday on the fox business channel. new gallup poll says 42% of americans now identify as independence. 29% as democrats and 26% republicans. that is the lowest number of democrats in the gallup poll ever how do you process that? >> well, what i would say about that bill, is i you think this election is the republican's to lose for the reasons that that poll suggests, because it's very hard for a party to elect its nominee three times in a row, because the president's popularity or at least his job approval rating is under water and i don't see a lot of things out there that might change that so this should be the production' election to lose.'ú
8:46 pm
republicans' election to lose. if you look republicans need to win the independence and they need to win them more than mitt romney did. he won them by five points or something like that. that's not going to be enough. they need to win the independents big. both donald trump and ted cruz are under water with independents and that could mean that the republican party with a great chance might lose it because they nominate a candidate that won't draw independents. >> and just to explain further, an independent person is not an idealogue on the left or the right. they want to be the designated is i will go either way depending on who the person is that i think is worthy. so that while. >> some of them. >> go ahead. >> i was just going to say some of them may be idealogues. they may be idealogues to the left who are disaffected with the democratic party who won't identify with it. that may account for the democrats. idealogue on the right who don't think the conservative party is for thatly enough
8:47 pm
for them. the mix of who is independent is a fluid thing. and we'll see, but they tend overall to correlate pretty well with moderates. >> all right. 42% of americans nowe independent, much bigger than republicans or democrats. brit, as always. thank you very much. watters world on deck. >> you bet, bill. >> jesse goes to the big boat show and finds himself a ibs-d. you know the symptoms when they start. abdominal pain. urgent diarrhea. now there's prescription xifaxan. xifaxan is a new ibs-d treatment that helps relieve your diarrhea and abdominal pain symptoms. and xifaxan works differently. it's a prescription antibiotic that acts mainly in the digestive tract. do not use xifaxan if you have a history of sensitivity to rifaximin, rifamycin antibiotic agents, or any components of xifaxan. tell your doctor right away if your diarrhea worsens
8:48 pm
while taking xifaxan, as this may be a sign of a serious or even fatal condition. tell your doctor if you have liver disease or are taking other medications, because these may increase the amount of xifaxan in your body. tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on becoming pregnant, or are nursing. the most common side effects are nausea and an increase in liver enzymes. if you think you have ibs with diarrhea, talk to your doctor about new xifaxan.
8:49 pm
8:50 pm
"watters world" here in new york city. the big boat show is going on. if you are a boat lover, you better have a lot of cash. watters checked it out. ♪
8:51 pm
>> welcome to the boat show. what are you in the market for today? >> i'm thinking about a cigarette boat maybe. >> that's how big? how much does a boat like this cost? >> just over $100,000. >> okay, a little pricey. >> just north of $300,000. >> how many kilos can you fit in the hull? >> every dog has his day. >> how much does a cigarette boat run you? >> the one i'm looking for about $400 grand. >> how much does this puppy run me the >> a boat runs just short of a million dollars. >> oh, captain, have your man remove our luggage. >> how much are you looking to spend approximately? >> like $900,000. >> cash? >> i don't know. >> you don't know? >> this is going to cause a divorce. i can't speak anymore. >> i sure feel silly. >> what kind of boat do you san antonio >> 40 foot sailboat. >> nice craft. >> inside.
8:52 pm
♪ >> do you feel bad not every american can have a boat like this >> no, not necessarily. >> don't you think each american should have the right to own a boat? >> not really. >> what about the right of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. a lot of people can't afford boats. >> they can charter. >> can people buy boats with food stamps? >> no, but they can use their food stamps to get some food to bring on the boats with them. >> if we raise the minimum wage, more people can afford boats. >> they can lease kayak. >> being on the water, even a little eight-foot dinghy, can be a lot of fun. >> how big is your dinghy. what's the last poor guy you had on this boat? >> me. >> do you think it's a
8:53 pm
constitutional right for everyone to have a boat? >> can we put nit there? >> i'll talk to obama? do you know what hillary's campaign reminds me snof? >> what's that? >> the titanic. >> if bernie sanders becomes president, are people going to be able to afford boats like this? >> he'll just give them to everybody. >> what's trump's plan to make sure every american has a boat? >> i think trump will put a good plan together to show americans how to earn the right how to go out on a boat. >> do you think bill could afford a boat like this? >> absolutely. >> do you like my senate >> i love your hat. >> you know what this means? >> you're a captain. >> so you have to do everything i tell you to do. i like your collar. >> thank you very much. it took a long time to develop this look. >> i'm watters. i'm watters. and this is my world right here.
8:54 pm
>> come on, let's go. >> all right, let's go. >> i think elvis had a hat like that in "blue hawaii." watters is out of town, but he'll be here on thursday with something. "factor tip of the day," a teacher still in the classroom, 102 years old. the tip, moments away. i have asthma... ...one of many pieces in my life. so when my asthma symptoms kept coming back on my long-term control medicine, i talked to my doctor and found a missing piece in my asthma treatment. once-daily breo prevents asthma symptoms. breo is for adults with asthma not well controlled on a long-term asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. breo won't replace a rescue inhaler for sudden breathing problems. breo opens up airways to help improve breathing for a full 24 hours. breo contains a type of medicine that increases the risk of death from asthma problems and may increase the risk of hospitalization in children and adolescents.
8:55 pm
breo is not for people whose asthma is well controlled on a long-term asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. once your asthma is well controlled, your doctor will decide if you can stop breo and prescribe a different asthma control medicine, like an inhaled corticosteroid. do not take breo more than prescribed. see your doctor if your asthma does not improve or gets worse. ask your doctor if 24-hour breo could be a missing piece for you. see if you're eligible for 12 months free at mybreo.com. parking is hard to find. seems like everyone drives. and those who do should switch to geico because you could save hundreds on car insurance. ah, perfect. valet parking. evening, sir. hello! here's the keys. and, uh, go easy on my ride, mate. hm, wouldn't mind some of that beef wellington...
8:56 pm
to see how much you could save on car insurance, go to geico.com. ah! (car alarm sounds) it's ok! "factor tip of the day." an amazing story in a moment. but first, the mail. >> please give me a break, richard.
8:57 pm
>> excellent question, allen. a signed copy of "killing reagan to you. because history is often not taught in school these days, james. so i have to do it. hitler's last days chronicles the collapse of the third reich and the evil purpose traited on the world and you don't think that's worthwhile? come on. with isis expanding, people shouldn't know about the evil their grand parents faced? wise up. >> there you go. there you go. glad you read the book. and thank you all for making "killing reagan" the number one
8:58 pm
audio book of 2015. >> about 30 vip tickets are left in l.a. for the who wants to be president show, mike. so call the theater and get an exchange. show on march 12th in los angeles. and also, we'll see everybody in fairfax, virginia in may. a big father's day show in connecticut in june. okay. finally tonight, the "factor tip of the day." in north plainfield, new jersey, at the sundance school, agnus showed up to each her classes today. nothing extraordinary about that. she's been in the classroom for decades. but here's the amazing part. agnus is 102 years old!
8:59 pm
>> what's your advice for people if they want to live to be 102? >> just be happy with what you're doing. you have to like what you're doing. my favorite part of teaching here is taking care of the children. >> she just gave you the tip of the day. be happy with what you do. not always easy, but worth striving for. way to go, agnus. that's it for us today. check out the "factor" website and please spout off about the "factor" from anywhere in the world. name a town if you wish to opine. word of the day, please don't not be taciturn, because if you are, we're not going to have an e-mail segment. tomorrow, england, they banned donald trump from entering that country. are you kidding me? we'll talk with a men of parliament from london on the
9:00 pm
controversy. thanks for watching us tonight. ms. megyn is next. i'm bill o'reilly. please remember, the spin stops here because we're definitely looking out for you.

40 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on